When we set out to cook non-vegetarian food, chicken is the first and safest choice. There is no way you can ever go wrong with chicken. No matter how you cook it, it still tastes delicious. Even the simplest chicken recipes can be plated to look fancy. The next time you have guests over, you can dazzle them with this simple pasta chicken recipe.
This is a basic pasta recipe made with fresh tomatoes and chicken. This is a quick to make dish that contains veggies, protein and grain, making it a healthy and wholesome meal without you having to put a lot of effort into making it.
- 160 grams of pasta
- Chicken – shredded or cubed, as per your preference
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, about 1 tbsp finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cups of deseeded tomatoes, puréed
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes
- ½ spoon of crushed pepper
- A generous pinch of garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Herbs as desired
- Bring 10 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt, 1 tsp of oil and pasta. Cook the pasta as per the instructions on its packet.
- Make sure the pasta is cooked to a firm texture. Drain, rinse and set the pasta aside. Add 1 tsp of olive oil to keep them from sticking to each other.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the chopped garlic until you can smell the aroma.
- Add the chicken and salt to taste. If you had marinated the chicken in a salted solution, you can skip the salt here.
- Sauté on medium flame until the chicken is completely cooked. Then add a pinch of garam masala powder and pepper and stir on a high flame for a minute or two. Set the chicken aside.
- Add some more oil to the pan, add garlic and sauté them until they are aromatic. Then add the onions and stir fry.
- Once the onions turn golden brown, add the puréed tomatoes and cook until the sauce thickens.
- It’s now time to add the chicken, chilli flakes, crushed pepper and oregano.
- Add 2 tbsp of water or pasta cooked starchy water and keep on flame until it reaches a saucy consistency.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix well while on the flame for 2-3 minutes. If your pasta looks dry, add a little more olive oil and take the dish off the heat.
The pasta chicken is now ready to eat. You can serve the dish with a side of hot soup or bread toast. It is a simple yet elegant dish that will keep your guests talking, long after they have left. The dish is also convenient to cook, making it a treat for bachelors living alone.
Italian cooking is now a child’s play!