Bulletproof coffee is a frothy, energy-igniting beverage that has been surging during the recent years in the US. The bulletproof coffee was started by Silicon Valley investor/entrepreneur Dave Asprey. The story goes, that he was a big fat guy who wanted to become a “bio hacker.” He effectively hacked his way into health and fitness. The bulletproof coffee was inspired by a traditional yak-butter tea that he had in Tibet.
The beverage is basically a hot coffee, plus two tablespoons of organic butter, plus one tablespoon of food-grade pure coconut oil. You emulsify it in a blender and then you drink it. It is essentially drunk in the place of breakfast.
The three main benefits of bulletproof coffee:
- Triggers weight loss – It is done by way of ketosis, a metabolic state that is triggered by a lack of carbs in your body that kicks the fat-burning into overdrive
- It kills cravings – The butter in the coffee keeps you feeling full and kills pesky cravings during the day
- It improves cognitive function – The purity of the filtered coffee kicks you a mental clarity that lasts throughout the day
How to make the bulletproof coffee?
- Brew 1 cup of filtered coffee using 2 and ½ heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans.
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of food-grade pure coconut oil to the hot coffee. Initially start with 1tbsp and work it up over several days.
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic, unsalted butter or organic ghee
- Mix it well (for foamy consistency, use a blender for 20-30 seconds) until it is frothy like a foamy latte
- Optional: You can add cinnamon, vanilla, dark chocolate or a sweetener to your coffee
Organic butter is healthier than other butter. Starting your day with it, gives your body a lot of energy and healthy fats that help your body make cell walls and hormones. Generally, your body will feel starved for healthy fats that you will crave more and more of the bulletproof coffee. If initially, you feel the concoction is a bit too rich for you, use less butter and work your way up.
It’s really easy to prepare and it tastes so wonderful that it will just slide down your tongue with ease. But, keep in mind that you shouldn’t use salted butter, because salted coffee is a crime!
Try it out once and experience one of the best mornings of your life with inexhaustible energy and focus throughout the day.
Pic courtesy – Internet
Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information. We encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.